Health Insurance

It is important to ensure you and your accompanying family members make arrangements to hold adequate health cover before travelling to Australia. Some types of visas will require you and your accompanying family members to hold adequate private health cover for the duration of stay as a condition of the visa(s). In some cases if adequate health cover is not maintained for the duration of stay, the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) may cancel your visa.

Visa holders who are enrolled with Medicare under a Reciprocal Health Care Arrangement (RHCA) may be considered as having met this requirement.

For further information in relation to which countries have RHCA with Australia please visit Medicare Australia’s website at

Prior to the grant of some visas DIBP will require evidence that you and your accompanying family have adequate private health cover. As Registered Migration Agents (RMA) and a Member of the Migration Institute of Australia (MIA) we receive commissions for promoting Bupa’s private health insurance policies. These polices meet the minimum level of insurance required by DIBP.

If you would like QuickVisas to organise your medical insurance please read the information below for the relevant type cover required. After you have read the Bupa information please complete and return the private health insurance application form for the required cover to our office by fax or email.

If you have any problems completing the form please do not hesitate to contact us and our team will be more than happy to assist you.

Visitors Health Insurance

Visitors Health Insurance cover is flexible and can be tailored to the specific needs of the applicant. Visitors Health Insurance cover has proved to be attractive for holiday makers, tourists and other visitor to Australia that require various levels of cover.

Join Online via the Bupa Portal


Alternatively you can contact other providers to arrange adequate cover.

Related pages:
457 visa
Working Holiday Visa